Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Fitness Pal and Rain Boots!

At a family birthday party this weekend Stacey and Darrin told us about their P90x workout and eating plan. They are doing it for the 90 days and are loving it although it seems pretty tough. I am just trying to workout more and get in shape for a snowboard trip we want to take next month. I have never tried snowboarding or skiing, I know big shocker even though I'm from NY. We stuck with sledding and making snowmen. Stacey told me about an Iphone app called My Fitness Pal where it tracks your calories and it really is the best one out there (and free). I typed in Kroger carbmaster yogurt thinking it wouldn't come up and it sure did. So it has a lot of food and brands to choose from. You can even record your water intake and workout for the day.
 They have a website that you can do it on also if you don't have an iphone (looks like its available for Android as well). It syncs your info. to the website so you can see the same things and record your food intake there. When you sign up you can choose if you want to lose weight, gain weight or just maintain. The photo above is what I ate yesterday and I had fun looking throughout the day and planning my meals around how many calories I had left.
This is what the app looks like on your phone. Another good app she told me about is Whole Foods. They have some really great recipes on there that I can't wait to try.
This weekend I finally caved in and bought adorable rain boots. I don't have any good boots to get wet and go outside in and I have been thinking about these for the longest time. I bought these at Sams Club for $30 and I love them! Pin It

3 comments:

the girl in the red shoes said...

LOVE the rain boots! So adorable!

leah said...

LOVE the dots, too cute!! You go girl with your counting calories, although you know I feel like it's completely ridiculous for you to do so :)

Ginny said...

Rain boots soooooooooooooo cute!

 
Blogging tips