Monday, November 8, 2010

Menu Plan Monday- November 7th week

I had such high hopes of shopping this weekend, but we basically used the weekend for resting. After our big Halloween bash David and I fell apart. He had a horrible back ache all week and I had a painful neck ache that was still around. So we just lounged around and slept a lot of the weekend, which was much needed and great. We did venture to the mall on saturday afternoon, but it was SO crowded. People were parking on the grassy area where it only gets crowded during Christmas time! Traffic was out of control. Are people already shopping for xmas? I think so and did they realize we are still in a recession? I think because it was so cold this weekend (30's as lows) that people thought it was time to celebrate. I almost put a Christmas Movie in myself this weekend. I tried to go in to the stores to find my cute jeans and boots, but just wasn't in the mood for crowded picked over items. There's always next time. With the extra hour from daylight savings I used it to meal plan and shop while David installed a new garage door opener for us (more on that later).
One other quick note, I added a printer friendly icon to each of my blog posts. This will make it easy to print a recipe. Just click on this button under the blog post/recipe that you want to print.
Here are my meals for the week:

Meal 1- Chicken Finger Subs. Nothing hard about this one, you can definitely make your own chicken strips, but I'm going to use the good ole fashioned frozen chicken strips. Add your favorite toppings and you're all set.

Meal 2- Chicken & Broccoli Stuffed Shells

Meal 3- Beef Lettuce Wraps


Meal 4- Spaghetti and Meatballs or Sesame Noodles

Meal 5- Garlic Lime Tilapia 

Meal 6- Tortellini Sausage Soup- This one takes a little effort to make, but is sooo good. Perfect for cooler weather.
Head on over to Organizing Junkie for more meal ideas!
Pin It

5 comments:

Betty said...

Love this week's meal ideas!

Lacey said...

I'm sorry you and David have been aching, feel better soon! I LOVE that Print Friendly button, how cool! By the way, those Beef Lettuce Wraps sound delicious!

leah said...

I love your menu for this week, especially the soup at the end... I need to make that again too it was amazing!

Mock family said...

we need to get together and shop.... come anytime :)

Chris said...

Technically speaking, the recession started in Dec of 07 and ended in Jun of 09. Party like it's 1999! :o)

 
Blogging tips