Thursday, July 8, 2010

It's BAAAAAAAAACK!

My garden that is! It was a miracle and some of the plants are coming back!! Some are still dead, but I'm happy with anything at this point.
I added some cages to the zucchini, yellow squash and tomato plants.
Well, this is suppose to be broccoli. We figured out what was killing it.
Caterpillars! Apparently they were binge eating my broccoli leaves. You honestly can't see them until you get really close. There was tons. I'm talking in the 20ish range.  Anyone know what kind they are?
My Zucchini plant has gone crazy. The leaves are GIGANTIC! It has been like this for a few weeks.
Do you see what I see?!!? It's the start of a zucchini!!! I was so excited when I saw this, you have no idea. That's why my picture is blurry. Actually if you are Michelle, Mom and David then you heard me scream and squeal through the house.
Here is a better photo of it.
The other plants that are doing well are the cucumber, basil, yellow squash, oregano and tomatoes are doing okay.
The lettuce is also looking promising. If I can just produce 1 zucchini I will be happy, so grow baby grow!! We got to try David's Sister, Gina's, Mother-in-law's home grown vegetables this weekend and they were amazing! I'll keep you posted.
Pin It

3 comments:

Mock family said...

wohoo!

Lacey said...

I can't believe your garden has grown so much!! That's awesome!!
I left you an award on my blog, check it out!

Sara said...

yay! i knew some stuff would survive. kill those caterpillars every single day!

(if they keep coming back, put some dawn dish soap and water in a spray bottle and "wash" the plant every couple days).

 
Blogging tips