Monday, May 10, 2010

Weeknight Lasanga Toss

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you had a great Mother's Day weekend. We had beautiful weather here, sorry to the NY peeps who had snow this weekend! Time to relocate, it's the middle of May! 
I realized I haven't posted a recipe in a while so I will share a few this week. This one looks and tastes like lasagna, but takes half the time! It is also made in ONE pan! How great is that.
Ingredients:
1 lb. lean ground beef
2   green peppers, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 jar  (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1-2/3 cups water
1/4 cup  KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
12 oven-ready lasagna noodles, broken into quarters
1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese 
Directions:
Brown meat in large saucepan; drain.
Add peppers, garlic, spaghetti sauce, water and dressing; bring to boil. Stir in noodles; cover.
Cook on medium-low heat 10 to 15 min. or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover. Let stand 5 min. or until cheese is melted. If you'd like to see a video on how to make it head on over here.
 
I ran out of mozzarella cheese, so I just put Parmesan on, but you should get the mozz. for this dish. This is great for guests, or like it says in the title, an easy weeknight meal.
Pin It

3 comments:

Chris said...

Looks yummo

Ginny said...

Sounds interesting and easy - will have to give it a try.

david said...

This is one of my favorite. I think it all stems from Garfield, but I might be alone on this.

 
Blogging tips