Saturday, January 9, 2010

It's cooking time!

During the week I try to cook dinner at home most of the time to keep the eating out expenses down. The recipes I pick usually take 30 mins or less to make. I like cooking with fresh ingredients and hate when a recipe calls for over 7 ingredients. As many of you know, I love me some pasta! You might see a trend in the recipes, as many of them do contain some sort of pasta. It's in the genes!  This recipe I'm sharing actually came from a box of pasta that I got one day. The flavor is amazing and it's great for lunch the next day, too. 

Penne Pasta with Bacon, Baby Spinach and Sage
1 Box of penne pasta (you can use any kind really)
1/4 lb bacon diced (I used the low sodium kind-not pre-cooked, and its usually around 5 pieces)
1 onion, finely diced (I use Vidalia sweet onion)
1 can chicken broth (Don't be afraid to add more broth if you need more juice)
3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves (You can use dried seasonings too, it still tastes good)
1/2 lb baby spinach leaves
1.) Cook your pasta according to package directions 
2.) In large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon 4-5 minutes or until desired crispiness 
3.) Add onion and saute 5-6 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in chicken stock and sage; simmer 1-2 minutes. Add spinach and cook until spinach just wilts
4.) Toss pasta with sauce and serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
Voila!  Let me know if you liked it. 

Pin It

3 comments:

Lacey said...

That looks AMAZING!! Great recipe Jen, I might have to try it! :)

Tiffany @ Eat at Home said...

That looks really good. Simple and delicious!

Unknown said...

This looks terrific. I'm anxious to give it a try. Come join me for What's On the Menu Wednesday whenever you can. Thanks for sharing.

 
Blogging tips